Re: Recent SIGSEGV failures in buildfarm HEAD

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recent SIGSEGV failures in buildfarm HEAD
Date: 2006-12-28 13:41:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Several of the buildfarm machines are exhibiting repeatable signal 11
> crashes in what seem perfectly ordinary queries. This started about
> four days ago so I suppose it's got something to do with my
> operator-families patch :-( ... but I dunno what, and none of my own
> machines show the failure. Can someone provide a stack trace?

no stack trace yet however impala at least seems to be running out of
memory (!) with 380MB of RAM and some 800MB of swap(and no other tasks)
during the regression run. Maybe something is causing a dramatic
increase in memory usage that is causing the random failures (in impalas
case the OOM-killer actually decides to terminate the postmaster) ?

Stefan