Re: pgagent linker problem

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dhanaraj M <Dhanaraj(dot)M(at)sun(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgagent linker problem
Date: 2006-12-15 13:50:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>>
>>> I tested it again and this problem occurred if I use sunstudio
>>> compiler. Compilation with gcc works fine. I looks that gcc
>>> recursively go thru libraries to find symbol. You can test it with
>>> Linux version of SunStudio.
>>
>> Ok - is there a relatively easy way to test for the SunStudio compiler
>> in configure, or shall I just add the lib for all compilers?
>>

> There are more issues related to SunStudio (hardcoded gcc flags ...). I
> will discussed it with Dhanaraj and we will prepare patch to solve it.

OK, thanks - did you see my previous message about the correct fix to
include the core lib? Specifically, that you just add it to the
appropriate wx-config lines in acinclude.m4, eg:

pgagent_LDADD=`${WX_CONFIG} ${WX_STATIC} --libs base,core --unicode=yes
--debug=yes --version=${WX_VERSION} 2> /dev/null`

Regards, Dave.