Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues
Date: 2006-11-27 12:10:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm not sure that the process is broken, but I agree that there's been
> way too little focus on testing this time around; it seems that most of
> the chatter on pgsql-hackers since beta started has been about ideas for
> 8.3 development. Have we caused that by deciding to have a short 8.3
> devel cycle, ie, do people feel they needed a head start? If so, it's
> bad, but the damage is already done, and won't be repeated as long as we
> at work, what is it?

I can't speak for others, but I'd really like to be of more help in
testing. I'd like to see 8.2 released as soon as possible, so that we
can start discussing 8.3 items.

I don't have a real-world application to test, but if there's anything I
can do, please let me know. Any gray areas that haven't received enough
attention yet?

--
Heikki Linnakangas