Re: Suggestion on Properties... Dialog

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias(dot)rocha(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suggestion on Properties... Dialog
Date: 2006-11-23 14:28:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I would like to suggest you to change the buttons behaviour when we
> choose the Properties with the left mouse click in some object of a
> database.
>
> I am using pgAdmin 1.6.0 and when I choose Properties and make any
> changing and after Apply the OK button does not stay enabled when in
> many Windows dialogs (so to close the dialog I must click on Cancel
> [quite strange]).
>
> I think the Ok button does not be disabled when we click Apply. What I
> say does make sense ?

It makes sense, but I disagree. Apply makes the changes to the object,
but leaves the dialogue open. OK changes the object and closes the
dialogue. If you do not make any further changes, leaving the OK button
enabled would imply there are changes to be applied when in fact there
are not.

The same applies to most other properties dialogues that do not have
apply buttons (only Views and Functions/Procedures do, as these are
objects that might be editted repeatedly whilst debugging) - the OK
button is only enabled if there are changes to apply.

Regards, Dave