Re: edit grid: linebreak added to data

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: edit grid: linebreak added to data
Date: 2006-11-13 15:01:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
>>>
>>> It actually seems to happen on paste, not copy, and happens with the
>>> editor in rich text mode. It's a wx bug though so I'll log it with them.
>
> As you can deselect the ghost linebreak before copying, and if you do,
> it won't be pasted, it certainly looks like it owuld happen on copy.
>

>> Hmm, I think it's actually a Microsoft bug - I see the same behaviour
>> in Wordpad and Word 2K3, but it's only apparent when pasting into
>> another rich text editor.
>>
>> I start Word, and type 'Hello', with no quotes, and no trailing
>> carriage return, then hit Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C to copy to the clipboard. I
>> then paste the text into Notepad, and see 'Hello', with no trailing
>> CR. I paste the same text into Wordpad, or Word, and a CR is appended.
>>
>> And in case you were wondering, we use the wxTE_RICH flag to allow the
>> control to hold more than 64KB of text (though I do wonder if that's
>> actually still required).
>
> Now that you have disabled editing bytea, it might not be needed
> anymore?

Why? Text/varchar can hold up to a gigabyte iirc.

As for date & timestamp, those will hardly grow beyond 64k. :)

True - it hadn't crossed my mind that they shouldn't realy have used the
multiline editor anyway (too early, no coffee!!). I've change dates,
times, timestamps and intervals to use a single line editor.

I'll send you the regulation .exe update offlist :-)

Thanks, Dave.