Dumb user question re: updates, Toast, HOT

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dumb user question re: updates, Toast, HOT
Date: 2006-11-11 11:46:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The recent discussion on the proposed HOT scheme has reminded me of a
question I meant to ask about TOASTing when it was introduced back in 7.1(?)

If I have a table something like: (id, status, big_text) and just update
the "status" column on a row, do I have two copies of "big_text" TOASTED
or are they shared?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd