Re: mingw cross-compiling libpq.dll+ssl on Debian

From: Tomasz Myrta <jasiek(at)klaster(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: mingw cross-compiling libpq.dll+ssl on Debian
Date: 2006-11-10 22:10:43
Lists: pgsql-ports

Peter Eisentraut napisal 2006-11-10 12:44:
> Am Freitag, 10. November 2006 00:18 schrieb Tomasz Myrta:
>
>> - which openssl cyphers are really necessary to work with Postgresql ?
>>

> No.

?
The INSTALL file from openssl contains list of supported cyphers:
bf, cast, des, dh, dsa, hmac, md2, md5, mdc2, rc2, rc4, rc5, rsa, sha
I was thinking about limiting them only to necessary ones.

>> - when exactly is used libiconv.dll and libintl-2.dll - do I also need
>> them ?
>>

> For national language support
I know - /usr/bin/iconv is familiar to me.
My database is "C" locale, all sorting is client-side, I don't need
server and libpq messages other than English. Can I avoid using these 2
libraries?

Anyway - do you have some hints for recompiling libpq?

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta