Re: function with array parameter

To: Jean-Christophe Roux <jcxxr(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: function with array parameter
Date: 2006-11-08 21:37:22
Lists: pgsql-php

You could do something like:

(where $source_array is your array to pass to the PGSQL function):

<?php
// start off the query string
$query = "select func_a_dummy(";

// for each element of the array add to the string
foreach ($source_array AS $func_parameter)
{
$query .= "\"" . $func_parameter . "\", ";
}

// we'll end up with a trailing ", " on the end of the string due to the
final parameter, so remove it
$query = substring($query, 0, strlen($query) - 2);

// and close of the query string
$query .= ");";
?>

Then send $query to the database. That will create you something like
(if $source_array contains "param1" and "param2"):

select func_a_dummy("param1", "param2");

Regards,

Andy.