Importand points about PostgreSQL

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Importand points about PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-10-31 07:14:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

In two weeks, I'll hold a talk on PostgreSQL in the south German
"Chaos-Seminar"[1] series organized by the local Chaos Computer Club
division in a room of the Ulm University.

Those talks usually are rather informal, no entrance fee, most of the
listeners are students, I've about 90-100 minutes to fill. I plan give
some broad view about the history, community and features in the first
half, and to pack some technical details like MVCC in the second part of
the talk. The slides will be put online, and it is very probable that
there will be a public video of the session, too.

As I'm biased from a pure technical view, I ask you here about topics
you regard as being worth of mentioning in my talk. I'll consider all
you mail me personally or over the list, but I don't promise to actually
include everything. Just think of this thread as some kind of brainstorming.

Thanks,
Markus

[1] http://ulm.ccc.de/ChaosSeminar/