Legacy foreign keys

From: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Legacy foreign keys
Date: 2007-12-10 19:12:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I am having a problem with what appear to be legacy foreign keys in
some of my databases (probably pre-7.2 days). They won't restore from
8.2 to 8.3, because the '<unnamed>' field in the called function isn't
unique when I try to restore more than one of these legacy keys

Here's an example
=> \d sushi.atom
...table definition, rules, etc....
Triggers:
"RI_ConstraintTrigger_23125842" AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON
sushi.atom FROM sushi.atom_type_values NOT DEFERRABLE INITIALLY
IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
"RI_FKey_check_ins"('<unnamed>', 'atom', 'atom_type_values',
'UNSPECIFIED', 'type', 'atom_type')
"RI_ConstraintTrigger_23125843" AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON
sushi.atom FROM sushi.state_values NOT DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE "RI_FKey_check_ins"('<unnamed>',
'atom', 'state_values', 'UNSPECIFIED', 'state', 'state')

While I could fix this, I figure this would be a good opportunity to
quickly run alter table and get these keys in a not-ancient form.

Does anyone know how to translate these to the modern form (including
proper CASCADE and RESTRICT values so I can drop the trigger and add
the proper foreign key?

Thanks much.
Peter