Re: more than 32 parameters to a function?

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Ottavio Campana <ottavio(at)campana(dot)vi(dot)it>
Cc: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: more than 32 parameters to a function?
Date: 2006-10-26 19:24:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Ottavio Campana schrieb:
> Erik Jones wrote:
>> Put them in arrays and pass them as the arguments. But, I would like to
>> know what function could ever need 65 arguments?
>
> Consider that I have to invoke the function from a ZSQL method in zope.
> Do you know if it works?
>
> I need all these arguments because we have a tables where we store items
> for an e-commerce site. The problem is that these items might have a
> lot of peculiarities and more than 40 fields are boolean to fully
> describe them.

you mean item description? Why would you update them all?
Or what are you doing w/ it?
If its kinda search for products, you wont need more then
about 6 different attributes to choose from the same time.
thats attribute name + desired value = 12 params at best.

Otherwise could you give an example usage of that more then
32 values call?

Regards
Tino