Postgres derived databases

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres derived databases
Date: 2006-10-25 19:58:09
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

I have started work on a list of Postgres derived databases [1]. It
would probably make sense to only cover PostgreSQL derived databases,
which would drop Illustra and PostgreSQL itself from the list.

Also it would make sense to add to this table a number of fields:
- name of the company that owns/develops the database
- availability (since/until)

Maybe it also makes sense to list if they contribute code back at all or
not. Not sure.

It might make sense to add this to the about section of the main site
[2]. Its sort of marketing-ish I would say

I never added anything to the PostgreSQL site, so before I go through
the trouble of finding the ins and outs I wanted to get a go ahead from
this list. If I do get a go ahead a few pointers about how to proceed
would also be nice.

regards,
Lukas

[1] http://oss.backendmedia.com/RDBMS/PgSQLVariants