Re: [HACKERS] COPY does not work with regproc and aclitem

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] COPY does not work with regproc and aclitem
Date: 2006-10-24 12:43:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm, maybe it should be using regprocedure instead?
>
> Not unless you want to break initdb. The only reason regproc still
> exists, really, is to accommodate loading of pg_type during initdb.
> Guess what: we can't do type lookup at that point.

I prepared patch which use oid output function instead regproc output.
This change works only for COPY TO command. SELECT behavior is
untouched. I extended copy regression test as well.

Please, look on it if it is acceptable fix.

With regards Zdenek

Attachment Content-Type Size
copy.patch text/x-patch 2.7 KB