Re: Mixed case text searches

From: Chris Campbell <ccampbell(at)cascadeds(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mixed case text searches
Date: 2010-06-15 18:41:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

(Pg 8.4)
Well I gave it a shot and for whatever reason it doesn't work for me. The table got created with accountname field of type citext. If I run a general select query the field correctly shows that it's of type citext. However, when I add my where clause accountname like 'a%', it returns no records. If I cap it ('A%') then I get the expected results. I'm using a BTree index on the field. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Has anyone gotten this citext type to work? Is there an undocumented trick to getting it to work? Thanks