Re: Listmail disappearing: bad spam filters?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Listmail disappearing: bad spam filters?
Date: 2006-10-20 23:11:33
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc,

> But ... if he "re-submitted" the same article a second time, then most likely
> it got rejected for exactly the right reason: it was a duplicate posting. Why
> didn't you approve the one that actually *was* in the moderation queue? :(

Actually, that's a buggy filter. It really should not be filtering out
"duplicate" messages with timestamps hours apart. The
post-bounce-subscribe-repost cycle happens *all the time* and that
filter makes a subscriber wait for me to get to them in the hold queue
(which sometimes I don't, due to 100+ spams per list per day) even
though they resoved the "problem" themselves.

So please correct that filter so that it behaves intelligently. Thanks!

--Josh Berkus