Re: Improve ODBC Throughput ?

From: Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improve ODBC Throughput ?
Date: 2006-10-20 07:27:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Richard Broersma Jr a écrit :
>> In a VBA module (Autocad, not Access), I open an ADO
>> connection to PostgreSQL and directly query the server (no
>> linked table involved here).
>
> Sorry if this is slightly off topic from the thread.
>
> I am curious, what functionality are you getting when you connect Autocad to Postgresql?

I retrieve the WKT representation of PostGIS geometries. I
wrote some very simple Autocad functions to draw them, and
some simple functions to convert Autocad entities to WKT.
Nothing like a connector, but it works quite well
Not perfect yet, I haven't found a simple way to make
multipolygons in Autocad. (any Multi obect in fact).