Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

From: Stefan Sassenberg <stefan(dot)sassenberg(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
Date: 2006-10-17 14:14:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Sassenberg <stefan(dot)sassenberg(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
>> PANIK: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
>> server closed the connection unexpectedly
>
> What LC_CTYPE and LC_MESSAGES settings are you using? We've seen
> problems of this ilk when gettext() produces messages encoded in the
> "wrong" encoding (ie, not what the database encoding is).

postgresql.conf has an entry lc_messages = 'de_DE(at)euro'
postgresql.log says [...] LC_MESSAGES=de_DE(at)euro

I can't find anything about LC_CTYPE. No user on my machine has any of
those variables as environment variables.

Update: I copied the script text into a pgadmin query window and found
out, that the error vanishes when I comment out all CONSTRAINT lines
from my CREATE TABLE statements.

Stefan