Bug: Missing tuples in results written to file

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug: Missing tuples in results written to file
Date: 2006-10-17 01:05:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi developers!

I am testing pgAdmin III Beta 3 (Oct 12 2006, re: 5475) on Windows XP
(German, latest patch level).

When I try to use the feature "Execute Query, write result to file" in
the SQL dialogue window, the result is wrong half of the time.
Tried it many times. Sometimes the results are correct, sometimes not.
Seems to happen at random. This is what happens:
Leading column names are there (as requested). Then some of the first
tuples are missing. Instead, the same number of lines with only column
separators (empty tuples?) is appended at the end.
pgAdmin invariably reports a success "Data export completed successfully".
The results of the same query are never wrong in the output pane.

Maybe a timing issue? (I am accessing a remote database server via SSH
tunnel & port forwarding)
I would classify randomly missing data as serious.

The problem also exists in the latest build that Dave mailed me (rev:
5475:5496)
v1.4.2 is not affected, though.

Regards
Erwin Brandstetter