Bug: edit properties of function with OUT-parameters and line break in comment

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug: edit properties of function with OUT-parameters and line break in comment
Date: 2006-10-13 19:34:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi developers!

I am testing pgAdmin III Beta 2 (Oct 3 2006, re: 5426:5427) on Windows
XP (latest patch level).

With the following test case I can reproduce the bug:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION f_test(IN i integer, OUT o integer) AS
$$
BEGIN
o := i*2;
END;
$$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

COMMENT ON FUNCTION f_test(integer) IS 'NOTE the
line break!';

Now, when I try to edit properties of this function (function name, for
instance), I get the following error:

An error has occurred:
Fehler: Funktion f_test(integer, integer) existiert nicht

(I am running a German Windows XP.)
If the comment does not contain line breaks the error does not occur.
This bug is present in v1.4.3 as well. During beta testing 1.6 I have
been able to narrow down the cause.

Regards
Erwin Brandstetter