Inconsistency in data types

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inconsistency in data types
Date: 2006-10-06 14:41:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,

Congrats on 1.6 - I love it! This may have been fixed in beta 2
(which I don't have yet), but just in case -

I've noticed an inconsistency in the naming of data types between
creating the columns in a table and altering them afterwards. The
dialog for creating columns uses the standard names such as
"character varying", etc, but the dialog for altering columns uses
the abbreviated forms, such as "varchar".

Thanks for all the hard work and a great tool.

--Ray O'Donnell.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie