Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails

From: Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails
Date: 2006-10-03 22:08:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:
> Not parsing comments, both -- and /* */ is a complaint we here as
> often if not if not with more frequency than dollar quoting.

Ok, I will update my dollar-quoting patch to handle comments, too. I am
going to update V2Query as well, then. Anything else that is missing
from the query parsing right now?

> Another parsing problem that we'll have with the 8.2 release is the
> standard_conforming_strings configuration variable. I would appreciate
> anyone taking a look at that and the issues that it will create, not
> just for query parsing, but also for escaping in the V2 path and
> DatabaseMetaData methods.

I was just going to open a new thread on this. :-) As I was reading
through the code regarding dollar-quoting, I became aware of the issue.
So yes, I am willing to help.

Best Regards
Michael Paesold