Re: Bug extracting money value

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug extracting money value
Date: 2006-10-02 07:36:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi, All,

Markus Schaber wrote:

> Without having looked at the code, I think that the ? in getString()
> comes from the backend formatting the Value with an EUR symbol, and the
> JDBC driver looking for a $ to skip.

I now looked at the code.

It seems that the Code tries to strip brackets () and anything outside
of them, however, I did not get my backend to generate anything
containing brackets.

With the US locale, it generated '$5.00' and '-$5.00', with the european
locale, it generated '5.00' and '-5.00'.

HTH
Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS

www.nosoftwarepatents.org