Re: Bug extracting bit value

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Holger Schulz <hst1(at)online(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug extracting bit value
Date: 2006-10-01 21:25:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Holger Schulz wrote:

> When I extract a bit value by JDBC I get an Boolean Object - even for bit(3)!

That's a bit strange, if varbit(n) returns a custom PGobject I'd expect
bit(n) to do the same..

Again this is a type where there's no good JDBC mapping for it though ..
maybe boolean[] would be right, but then you can also have real arrays
of bools..

The confusing thing is that JDBC's Types.BIT really means "boolean" not
"bit(n)" :(

-O