continued segmentation fault

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: continued segmentation fault
Date: 2006-09-27 18:57:09
Lists: pgsql-general

We continue to have segmentation faults of the /usr/bin/postgres process
as I mentioned in an earlier thread. In all cases, the core file
always indicates a segmentation fault, but the backtraces don't seem to
consistently point to any particular problem. Then again, when you go
stomping around in memory where you don't belong, all bets are probably off.

I'm wondering out loud (here) if anyone thinks it might have something
to do with the version we're on? 7.4.7. We are planning to upgrade to
7.4.13 soon, but were hoping to address this existing issue first.

It's a bit difficult debugging this issue as I must initiate gdb via the
client. I have yet to reproduce this problem in my test environment,
but then again, I'm running my single debugging client, whereas in the
production system, there could well be 150-200 clients running.

I've attached the latest backtrace, in the event anyone sees anything
glaringly obvious, please slap me in the head...

Thanks in advance.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

- Benjamin Franklin