Re: Buildfarm alarms

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Buildfarm alarms
Date: 2006-09-27 17:55:21
Lists: buildfarm-members pgsql-hackers

Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> The settings are in hours, so this says that if we haven't seen a
>> HEAD build in 1 day or a stable branch build in 1 week, alert the
>> owner by email, and keep repeating the alert in each case every 2 days.
>>

> How does this know if there wasn't a build because nothing in CVS
> changed over that time period? Especially on the back branches it is
> normal to go weeks without a build.
>
> Kris Jurka

Indeed. The short answer is it doesn't. But there is a buildfarm config
option to allow you to force a build every so often even if there hasn't
been a CVS change, and I'm thinking of providing an option for this to
be branch specific. The you would make this setting shorter than your
alarm period for any branch you had an alarm set for.

cheers

andrew