Re: Patches and a .po file

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patches and a .po file
Date: 2006-09-27 11:46:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a ecrit le 27/09/2006 13:13:
>> When I'm on the query tool, it crashes at random in less than 30s. It
>> can crash when I write a query. It can crash when I go in the
>> View menu.
>> It crashes on so many places that I really think this is my fault...
>> badly compiled wxwidget ? I also can't resize panels.
>
> I've just been playing with it in Slackware and couldn't make it crash
> at all. What OS are you on? I know at one point there was an issue with
> Ubuntu that made the styled text controls unstable.

Yes, I forgot to give you this information. It is a Kubuntu 6.06,
updated as much as possible.

I don't understand the issue you talk about. The styled text controls
are wxWidgets ones ? and wxWidgets is a package I had to compile... so,
how could these controls become unstable on a specific distro ?

> It might be worth resetting to the default view for that form, either by
> selecting the option from the view menu if you can, or by removing the
> frmQuery/Perspective setting form your settings file.

I'll try this tonight.

>> Doing some checks on the windows release, I found something weird. My
>> current setting for user's language is french. I go in the View menu,
>> choose Default view... and all panels' titles are now in
>> english. If I
>> hide a panel or if I hide and show the complete window, all panels'
>> titles change to french. Weird, isn't it ? :)
>
> This should be fixed in SVN now.

Great.

Regards.

--