Template1 oops

From: Alban Hertroys <alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Template1 oops
Date: 2006-09-13 08:56:41
Lists: pgsql-general

I found an oops in one of our template1 databases; tables and stuff were
apparently loaded into the wrong database (namely template1). I found
this page describing a solution:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/pgsqladventuresep1.php

But, this looks kind of risky to me. I'd prefer not to put our running
databases at risk.

As an alternative approach, wouldn't dropping and recreating the public
schema be a nice alternative? And in that case, what would be the right
CREATE SCHEMA public command? I don't feel like messing this up ;)

Regards,
--
Alban Hertroys
alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl