Re: COPY FREEZE and setting PD_ALL_VISIBLE/visibility map bits

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: COPY FREEZE and setting PD_ALL_VISIBLE/visibility map bits
Date: 2021-01-24 00:54:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've pushed the fix, after a a couple extra rounds of careful testing.

I noticed that the existing pg_visibility regression tests don't check
if we freeze the TOAST rows too (failing to do that was one of the
symptoms). It'd be good to add that, because that would fail even
without CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS, so attached is a test I propose to add.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
toast-visibility-test.patch text/x-patch 33.9 KB