Timezone List

From: Naz Gassiep <naz(at)mira(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timezone List
Date: 2006-09-06 18:07:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Any chance for a DB Client accessible list of allowable time zones? I've
been told that the only way to get at this list is by looking through
the source and lifting the list from zone.tab.

While I'm at it, how about an accessible list of country codes? I know
that it's not core db functionality, but these lists are so universally
useful that making users parse the files and store them in tables seems
silly.

What are other people's thoughts on this? Good idea or not?