Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD
Date: 2006-09-05 09:30:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:00:12AM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> After upgrading some of my buildfarm members to the latest version of
>> the buildfarm script both OpenBSD boxes startet to fail the ECPG
>> regression tests:
>
> complex/test2 gets a segmentation fault on both machines. Could you try
> running it under gdb to see where it segfaults? I will try to get a hand
> on an OpenBSD machine myself, too

will try to get a backtrace soon - if you are trying to do your own
testing keep in mind that both boxes of mine do run with special
malloc-settings (as in FGJZ) as discussed in:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-06/msg00817.php

while I'm not sure yet that those are causing the errors to show up it
seems quite likely since they tend to catch hidden memory allocation errors.

Stefan