Re: Dependency problems with 8.02.0100 (was Latest ODBC driver?)

From: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dependency problems with 8.02.0100 (was Latest ODBC driver?)
Date: 2006-09-01 21:10:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> AAAAHHHHHH I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT...............

Well I think that localises the problem a bit :-)

The 8.01 driver defaults to preferring SSL, while 8.02 defaults to disabling it.

If 8.02 connects to the v7 or v8 servers with SSL disabled then the result is
the error dialogues and logs in the last message.

If 8.02 connects to the v7 server with SSL allowed it appears to progress past
the authentication but then sits there without memory usage exploding. I'll grab
a log in case it's significant.

If 8.02 connects to the v8 server with SSL allowed then as soon as I think
nothing's happening and turn away memory usage explodes. This time I caught it
before the system started thrashing and terminated the process from Task
Manager.

Those logs are pretty big. I'll send them as email, if anybody else wants a copy
please yell over the next hour.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk