Re: v08.02.0100 uploaded

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v08.02.0100 uploaded
Date: 2006-08-31 17:26:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:

> The only thing I did notice is that removing any DSNs appeared to rely on still
> having the appropriate driver installed, I don't know what would happen if one
> tried to edit a DSN with a driver more recent than the one that installed it but
> I'm doing everything I can to play safe at present.

You cant edit or erase a DSN in the DSN manager after the driver is
removed. You can create new DSNs with the same name though. At least on
Win2K one can overwrite existing but broken DSNs. You can overwrite DSNs
for other DBMS.

This affects only DSNs where there is no driver anymore.
AFAIK this doesn't happen just by upgrades.

I think I had this issue when I moved from 7.x to 8.x drivers that where
in another directory, too. Wasn't there also a namechange PostgreSQL
to "PostgreSQL ANSI" and "PostgreSQL Unicode"?