Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release
Date: 2006-08-31 17:13:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>> I'd expand that to -
>>
>> With the continued success of our community project site
>> www.pgfoundry.org we also have the following projects developing
>> additional add-on features to offer expanded functionality to what
>> is included in the main PostgreSQL release. These features may be
>> too cutting edge to be considered part of the main project or may
>> just cater to a small market.
>
> Nice expansion :)
>
> I'd cut that last sentence, as it emphasizes a gap between the core
> and pgfoundry that it's our long-term goal to close.

The only part I don't like is:

These features may be
>> too cutting edge to be considered part of the main project or may
>> just cater to a small market.

It isn't required, nor is it actually acurate in a lot of circumstances.

How about:

With the continued success of our community project site
www.pgfoundry.org we also have many [sub|side|associate|parallel]
projects developing additional features to offer expanded functionality
to what is included in the main PostgreSQL release.

Remember we are limited in our PR length :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/