Re: Strange error related to temporary tables

From: Alban Hertroys <alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl>
To: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Strange error related to temporary tables
Date: 2006-08-31 15:50:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Csaba Nagy wrote:
> In any case, the error message is strange in itself, as if I try to
> create the temporary table when it exists, the error I get in manual
> trial is:
>
> ERROR: relation "test_temp_table" already exists
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> compared to the error from the OP which I cite here for reference:
>
> ERROR: type "temp_report" already exists
> ^^^^

That's strange indeed.

Some googling revealed this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-09/msg01100.php

Seems like around this time last year someone had the same problem.
Unfortunately, the cause and it's possible solutions aren't mentioned
(the OP found a workaround though). They may have never been found...

I suppose if you'd check pg_type there is a record containing 'temp_report'?

--
Alban Hertroys
alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl

magproductions b.v.