Re: stats test on Windows is now failing repeatably?

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: stats test on Windows is now failing repeatably?
Date: 2006-08-29 16:39:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> I just looked over the buildfarm results and was struck by the
> observation that the stats regression test, which lately had been
> failing once-in-a-while on Windows and never anywhere else, has a
> batting average of 0-for-10-or-so over the past 24 hours on the Windows
> buildfarm machines. I still have no idea what the real problem is there
> --- but since it suddenly seems to have gotten very repeatable, I trust
> someone with a Windows box and a debugger will get after it before the
> source code drifts again.

maybe it's worth pointing out that leveret(fedora core5/x86_64/icc)
manages to trigger that too on occassion - so maybe it is not a "windows
only" bug:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=leveret&dt=2006-08-17%2008:30:01
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=leveret&dt=2006-08-10%2000:30:02

Stefan