Re: Search out of sync

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Search out of sync
Date: 2006-08-29 02:43:12
Lists: pgsql-www

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>> I am willing to put man and money resources behind our search engine, if
>> I felt that our search engine was going to be productive :) but I never,
>> ever use it.

/me digs around in the install and finds a suspicious scripts called:

update-archives

Reading the script, it updates some date statistics in the database
which appears to in theory cause the indexer to re-fire against
archives, pgfoundry and gborg..

So time will tell. Where is that wiki so I can document this, since I am
spending my time on it, I might as well make sure someone can come
behind me.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/