Re: Saving a jpg into Postgresql table

From: Kaloyan Iliev <news1(at)faith(dot)digsys(dot)bg>
To: Gibson <gibson(at)nexgenstudio(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Saving a jpg into Postgresql table
Date: 2006-08-25 07:10:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Gibson wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a projects using ASP.NET (VB.net) where i upload a jpeg file
> using a web form and then save the jpeg file into a table. I've
> decided to use "Oid" instead of "Bytea" as i heard that "Oid" is more
> memory efficient. So can anyone point me to a website or link where i
> can see the VB.net or C# code that does the SQL insert of the jpeg
> file into the "Oid" data type column and also how to do a SQL select
> to retrieve and display the image on a web form? Thanks

Hi,
I have problem like yours and I solve it like that:
I transform the jpeg to Base64 text and then store it into normal text
field.
It takes aproximately 25-30% more disk space but is much easier for me
to operate with it.
When I read the object from the database I decode it and I have the file
in the original format.

Regards,

Kaloyan Iliev