Re: Index usage

From: Scott Matseas <smatseas(at)intrusic(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index usage
Date: 2006-08-21 20:25:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

Tom Lane wrote:
> What other planner parameters have you been fooling with?
Hi Tom,
The other parameters that have been changed are:
set join_collapse_limit to 1
set enable_sort to off

We are using version 8.1.3. We've noticed the query plan changing depending
on the amount of data in the tables especially when the query looks at
more rows
in tableA. The parameter work_mem is set to 262,144.

Thanks,
Scott