Re: How to use the full text index feature on PostgreSQL

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: aBBISh <abbish(at)163(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to use the full text index feature on PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-08-11 16:21:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris wrote:
> You need to install & setup tsearch2.
>
> I have a small article about how to do that here:
>
> http://www.designmagick.com/article/27/

Nice article, very clear and concise, however one small nit. At the end
of page I don't think you need the vacuum full, vacuum may or may not be
useful, vacuum full is certainly not needed, and the analyze command
will update the stats just fine all by it self.

The part of the article in question:

CREATE INDEX newscontent_fti_idx ON newsitem USING gist(newscontent_fti);

When that's finished, we need to update postgresql statistics:

VACUUM FULL ANALYZE;