functions and creating

From: Alex du Plessis <alexdup01(at)telkomsa(dot)net>
Subject: functions and creating
Date: 2006-08-03 19:08:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi List,

I need to create new databases on demand from my app. Due to system
constraints I cannot create the database from the app itself and was
thinking of using a pl/psql function within the master database to
perform this duty.

However, it seems I cannot supply the name of the new database to the
function via a function parameter. Is there a way to do this and am
just being ignorant?. Does anybody know how to get around this one?

Thnx

Alex