pg_xlog not cleaned up

From: Christian Kastner <techmail(at)kvr(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_xlog not cleaned up
Date: 2006-07-31 15:50:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I don't know why, but the XXXXXXXX.backup file created by
pg_stop_backup() in my pg_xlog never gets deleted, even though it was
successfully archived (a good copy is stored in the archive area, no
errors are raised).
The directory pg_xlog/archive_status contains a matching
XXXXXXXX.backup.done file, but that one never gets removed as well. As a
consequence, all further WAL archiving attempts fail as archive_command
continuously retries to archive the (already archived) XXXXXXXX.backup file.

I'd appreciate any hints on what might be going on!

Chris

--
Christian Kastner
PGP Key: AE90E13f