Re: Is there a gui front end for this wonderful db program

From: Fred Frazelle <frazelle09(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there a gui front end for this wonderful db program
Date: 2006-07-25 00:09:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> Am waiting on OpenOffice to upgrade
> their driver or whatever it is they need to upgrade in order to create
> linked queries which are able to not only select but update the db aswell.
> Any ideas?
>
> If odbc is not what you want for ms-access you could use the driver for open office.
> http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/index.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Broersma Jr.

Thanks Richard. i think i need to explain myself a little bit better.
i´m not looking for a driver to work with Access but with Postgresql.
i want to get away from Access bec. of the problems we have with it and
bec. Postgres seems to be so much more robust, scalable? and secure.
And i guess i´m not looking for a driver per se, but a frontend which
would give us the funcionality of Access.

i have tried using the driver for OOo and postgresql, but it still isn´t
robust enough to allow me to create two tables, link them properly,
create a query on both, linked tables, and begin inserting data into
both tables. The following link shows the OOo database developer´s
request for a programmer to help out

http://dba.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=2290

Have a great day! :) P.D. boy i sure hope this comes out in plane text.