why toast tables are not reindexed while clustering?

From: SAKATA Tetsuo <sakata(dot)tetsuo(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: why toast tables are not reindexed while clustering?
Date: 2006-07-24 01:50:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

My name is Tetsuo Sakata.
Now, I'm checking the PostgreSQL's CLUSTER command.
(I read PostgreSQL 8.1.2.)

I found that when clustering a table the toast table associated with
the table is not reindexed.
( reindex_relation() is called while the parameter toast_too is set false.
For this parameter, reindex for the toast table is not done.)

I'll be pleased if someone tell me the reason why
when a table is clustered toast the table is not reindexed.

best regards,

Tetsuo.
--
sakata.tetsuo _at_ oss.ntt.co.jp