Patch process?

From: Joshua Reich <josh(at)root(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch process?
Date: 2006-07-19 14:40:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just a general question - I submitted a patch for contrib/cube (adding a
new function & converting everything from V0 to V1), what is the process
from here onwards? Do we have an active maintainer of this code? How is
it reviewed?

I would like to continue working on the cube stuff, as our company uses
it heavily and has developed a core library of functions that we use
regularly. I would love to be able to add these back to the Postgres
project, but I'm not sure about what the guidelines are for contrib. I
have noticed comments elsewhere about contrib packages being removed
because they didn't follow guidelines, so I don't want to fall foul of
that line, but I am not sure where the line is.

I noticed that one of the regression tests now fail, as the original
regression test expects a certain ordering from a query that doesn't
request ordered results. Should I fix the test case so that ordering
will be assured? Should I add test cases for most of the functions that
currently aren't being tested?

Thanks,

Josh Reich