Proposed patch for contrib/cube

From: Joshua Reich <josh(at)root(dot)net>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Proposed patch for contrib/cube
Date: 2006-07-17 21:55:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Ok. So, the cube code looks very unmaintained (not to offend anyone),
but it is all in V0 and I believe make installcheck fails out of the box
due to new error message formats. I'm in the process of twisting the arm
of another guy here to help me clean up the code - if that is ok with
the powers that be?

While we are working on that, here is a patch for contrib/cube that
allows you to create a cube from 2 float[]'s. This avoids an ugly step
of casting arrays to varchars, and then replacing the {'s with ('s...

This is my first patch submission, so please let me know what heinous
errors I have made, and if I'm not too battered after the process I'll
begin the cleanup of the contrib/cube tree.

Thanks all!

Josh Reich

--
Joshua Reich