Re: monolithic distro

From: Lukas Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: monolithic distro
Date: 2006-07-15 20:26:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:

> It's very nice to throw these things out there and put them on the TODO
> list ... and if I had $100,000 in development money to throw at something, I
> might spend it that way ... but to propose them as *immediate* solutions to
> problems for 8.2 is fantasy.

Point taken. Obviously I was not suggesting this for 8.2 .. it was more
a suggestion for the midterm. I never installed Bizgres or Mammoth
PostgreSQL. Maybe however there could be some lobbying from PostgreSQL
core to better pool the resources currently directed at these two forks
(and other similar efforts).

That being said, I am just a talker here that is hoping to instigate
action by others and we all know talk is cheap.

regards,
Lukas