Re: More nuclear options

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More nuclear options
Date: 2006-07-11 18:05:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert,

> Given the current number of projects that have no code / files / anything
> associated with them on pgfoundry/gborg right now, this argument rings a
> little hollow.

If you're so keen to add to the problem, you can have my spot as
pgfoundry admin.

Otherwise, the rule that the pgfoundry admins agreed on is that if a
project had no code and no activity in 6 months we would contact the
owner, and if no response kill it. That we've been lagging behind on
this is a manpower issue (and to some degree a technical issue with GForge).

> People do get pointed at adddepends even today... certainly no one will do
> anything with these projects if you nuke them, but I like giving people
> options... your call though.

I've already added adddepends to pgFoundry (as "Old PG Upgrade"), since
people spoke up for it. I will assign one of them as admin of the
project (not sure who yet).

However, in the last year nobody has spoken up for the other three, not
even you.

--Josh