Re: postgresql live-cd

From: Koen Martens <pgsql(at)metro(dot)cx>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, robin(at)sonologic(dot)nl
Subject: Re: postgresql live-cd
Date: 2006-06-30 11:03:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just tested this. The intro is nice but I am unable to launch X. I wouldn't
> sweat it, because it is a common problem with my laptop. My Laptop requires
> vesa, but X detects the ATI and tries to use it (but it fails).

I bet there's a boot option for that, probably 'xmodule=vesa' (see
also http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes).

> I did bounce over to a console and postgresql is running, but nothing in it.

> Anyone else able to try it out?

There is a new version online now btw
(http://www.sonologic.nl/Projects/PgLive), which should be close to
what the final release will be (given the deadline). Do you need a
cd label design too? Who is in charge of the production process,
finance and stuff like that?

Gr,

Koen