pgAdmin3 1.4 stability issues on ubuntu/dapper

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin3 1.4 stability issues on ubuntu/dapper
Date: 2006-06-23 13:00:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

I'm using Ubuntu Dapper at work now, and I'm having a hard time getting it to work properly.
Ubuntu comes with wxGTK 2.6.1 (+ quite a few ubuntu/debian patches...). Using this version
leads to Whole-Xserver-Lockups when doubleclicking selected text (This was discussed here a week
or two ago). I'm now using 2.6.3, and while this fixes the lockup-problem, it sometimes crashes
when copying text from pgadmin to e.g. gedit. Funnily enough, it crashes _not_ when copying the text,
but rather when inserting it into gedit...

Additionally, copy-paste sometimes stops working entirely - Ctrl-C just does nothing, and Ctrl-V
inserts the text that was on the clipboard _before_ pressing Ctrl-C. Using "Copy" from the edit-menu
seems to work, and after using the menu once, Ctrl-C functionality is sometimes restored...

There were a few corrupted-display problems in the tree too, but I haven't found a way to reproduce them -
and they're not too severe, because opening and closing the affected part of the tree always fixed them.

I've compiled a debug-enabled wxGTK (2.6.3) version + a debug-enabled pgadmin3 (1.4.2) version now - will try
to get some backtraces from the crashes...

Has anyone else experience this sort of trouble? What wx-version is the recommended one for pgadmin at the moment?
I'd really like to get pgadmin running flawlessly on ubuntu..

greetings, Florian Pflug