Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bort, Paul" <pbort(at)tmwsystems(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions
Date: 2006-06-22 23:56:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>Meanwhile, I'd like to know how to fix the Cygwin build on HEAD. I
>>suspect it was the MSVC "improvements" that did it.
>>

>Probably. This is the commit:

[file list snipped]

>Prepare code to be
> built by MSVC:
>
> o remove many WIN32_CLIENT_ONLY defines
> o add WIN32_ONLY_COMPILER define
> o add 3rd argument to open() for portability
> o add include/port/win32_msvc directory for
> system includes
>
> Magnus Hagander

Yes.

Frankly this patch has significant infelicities. For example, what is
the reason for removing the standard protection against double inclusion
that header files should usually have from pg_config.h.win32?

I assume that no test was done to see if this broke Cygwin, despite the
fact that if you have a Windows box to test on, checking that you
haven't broken Cygwin should not be too difficult.. And why do win32 and
cygwin now not include at all pg_config_os.h?

I am not sure I know where to begin to look to find out how to fix
things, and I don't have the time to do it either.

cheers

andrew